miércoles, 23 de marzo de 2011

Paramount returns tons rights one the new film off the dune `

After four years, Paramount has finally given up on developing the “Dune” reboot film.

According to Deadline, Paramount and the rights holders of Frank Herbert’s “Dune” have agreed to part ways and let the filming rights expire.

“Paramount’s option has expired and we couldn’t reach an agreement,” said Richard P. Rubinstein, rights holder of the film, to Deadline. “I’m going to look at my options, and whether I wind up taking the script we developed in turnaround, or start over, I’m not sure yet.”

Deadline wrote that Rubinstein “is the gatekeeper for the rights on behalf of the author’s estate and ABC.” Rubinstein’s production company New Amsterdam made the “Dune” television miniseries. He has produced a long list of films and television series including “Dawn of the Dead,” “Tales from the Darkside,” “Pet Semetary,” and “Monsters.”

He claimed Paramount surrendered the rights, because they scoffed at a budget that may easily exceed $100 million.

“Sure, it’s frustrating, how long this has taken, but most of what I’ve done that worked out well over the years, like the miniseries “The Stand,” took a long time,” he added. “Since I know what I want, eventually, I’ll find someone who’ll agree with me. What I like is that talent has interesting things to say on how they would approach it.”

A couple of years ago, director Peter Berg was attached to helm the project, but eventually dropped out to film Universal’s “Battleship.” Then director Pierre Morel signed on with screenwriter Chase Palmer to rewrite the draft.

Rubinstein told Deadline he may re-approach Morel and Palmer in the future for another try at a “Dune” film.

Source: Deadline


Download the best Action Movies here

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario